Surprisingly compact, the Series V6 Flotect® Flow Switch is engineered to specifically monitor liquid, gas, or air flows. Operation is simple and dependable with no mechanical linkage as the flow switch is magnetically actuated. The lower body holds the flow vane and one magnet, which controls the switch actuating magnet in the separate upper housing. In most applications the switch is normally off with the pipeline flow forcing the vane against the vane spring. As the flow decreases the vane spring pushes back the vane, actuating the switch to signal an alarm or shutdown. Tees are available for installation in pipelines from 1/2" to 2", with bushings added the unit is easily adapted to 1/4" and 3/8" piping.
- Protects pumps, motors and other equipment against low or no flow
- Controls sequential operation of pumps
- Automatically starts auxiliary pumps and engines
- Stops liquid cooled engines, machines and processing when coolant flow is interrupted
- Shuts down burner when air flow through heating coil fails
- Controls dampers according to flow
- Signals alarm when emergency shower in use